Update for AE+

I’m currently working on an update for AudioExplorer+, which will add some features that will make it easier for new users to find their way around:

  • Overlay with text that popups when adding items to the queue will be visible longer and have information about the next step
  • Badges on Queue Tab bar indicating the number of items in the queue

Plus, I’ve added the ability to extract album artwork from id3 tags (if available) and use this when importing into the iTunes library (AFAIK not even the Bridge app does this!).

Beta testers will be getting this version in the next few hours/days. I’d like to have this update in Cydia by Easter weekend.

Problems with AudioExplorer+

A few users have been reporting problems importing ringtones from AudioExplorer+, getting an “Unable to Download Ringtone” error message like the one below:

So far I haven’t been able to find out the problem here. Setting the iPhone in safe mode (i.e. with the SBSettings tweak, which is available for free in Cydia, as in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoSWAdfvmYQ. Note: Please place items in AudioExplorer+’s queue before entering safe mode) doesn’t always to help. If you’re having this problem, please look at the iOS log file when importing the ringtone (see this link to find out how to read the log file: http://superuser.com/questions/15855/iphone-log-reader) to see if anything is logged there from AudioExplorer+ that might pinpoint the problem.

I myself haven’t had this problem with ringtones (just occasionally with iTunes imports) and I think for most users both imports work fine.

Ringtones require conversion to AAC/m4r before importing, the conversion is handled by Michael Tyson’s TPAACAudioConverter library. I doubt the library is the problem, but it’s worth looking into, as the code is a bit old and may have problems with newer versions of iOS. A good way to test this would be to import a file that is already in the AAC format (i.e. files with the following extensions: “m4a”, “m4b”, “m4p”, “m4v”, “3gp”, “mp4”, “aac”) and see how the ringtone export works with that.

UPDATE: One user who was having this problem on iOS 6.1 solved it by “by updating to 6.1.2 and re jail breaking.”

AudioExplorer+ for sale on Cydia

AudioExplorer+ v1.0 is finally up for sale on Cydia for $1.99. Thanks to all the support from my beta-testers for finding and reporting bugs and other issues. Now that my Cydia vendor account is up and running, I hope to be adding new features to AudioExplorer+ very soon, provided no other bugs appear!

For more information, check out the description on BigBoss:

http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.php?bundleid=net.erike.audioexplorerplus&db=

or go direct to Cydia (jailbroken iOS devices only):

cydia://package/net.erike.audioexplorerplus

new beta version, new startup screen

As some beta testers had problems with the audio search in the previous beta version of AudioExplorer+ (0.4), I’m going to release a version with a minor change to the search process that will hopefully address the issue. I’ve also made major changes to the ringtone/iTunes import process, so that it’s now much faster.

In addition, I’ve got a new startup screen to match the new app icon:

I’ve also started a Google group to make it easier to manage the beta testing emails If you’d like to join, send an email to:

aeplus-beta-testing+subscribe@googlegroups.com